June 6-9, 2012
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Apply Now! DEADLINE - Dec. 31st, 2011
Foundations Now will explore ways of integrating the ever-changing models, methods, motivations, and practices of contemporary art and design into foundational art courses. Exploring ways in which foundational curricula can respond to 21st century needs, we will compare emerging pracitces and motivations to existing models. Building on ideas generated by ThinkTank6: Leading Change, TT7 will continue to consider ways in which foundational coursework sets the stage for the undergraduate experience as a whole.
Objectives for ThinkTank7 include:
- To explore ways of integrating emerging practices into existing foundation curricula;
- To develop effective connections among our missions, goals, learning outcomes and assessments;
- To identify the essential features of a foundations curriculum that is responsive to a multicultural contemporary framework;
- To develop student studio research skills and expand critical thinking;
- To experiment with new teaching technologies, including work with social networks, virtual spaces, and online tools.
Potential breakout sessions include:
- The Contemporary Learning Community
- Cultivating Creative Inquiry
- From Foundation to Finale: A Journey
- Technology as Subject and Tool
Applications are due by December 31st, 2011
- Anticipated cost of ThinkTank7 plus lodging at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago is $725.
- Program enrollment is limited to 50 participants.
- Up to three Emerging Educator fellowships may be awarded.